The term 'quality assurance' means maintaining a high quality of health care by constantly measuring the effectiveness of the organizations that provide it. In academics, it carries more importance since it lays the foundation of upcoming generation of graduates.
CFPC accreditation requirement
- Can be a chart audit
- Can be a more creative project relating to improving quality of care
- Can span two years if necessary (but can be completed in one)
- Should be driven by the resident's practice needs and questions
- Resident will be given the equivalent of 2 hours of protected time during full time family medicine block to work on it
- Must be presented at the resident research day in May/June